Imagine!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine!

just.imagine

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» How To Make Cherry Blossom Lights:
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 am by Admin

» What games do you play online?
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm by MangaManX

» Photographs of the natural world (post here!)
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm by OceanicCactus

» Weekly Central Plaza Fashion Walk!
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm by OceanicCactus

» Be sure to see the new and Improved Imagine! clubhouses!
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:00 am by OceanicCactus

» Imagine.ideas - weekly meeting
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm by Admin

» Check it out!
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:17 am by Admin

» Playstation Network on its way!
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:49 am by Admin

» Halo Reach Photoshop Images
My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:40 am by Imperial_Seal

Similar topics
Gallery
My Playstation Home Blog Empty
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:45 am
Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is sel1k1

Our users have posted a total of 375 messages in 85 subjects

My Playstation Home Blog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:37 pm

http://fxonujin.blogspot.com

Follow me there for my expressed thoughts and views on the Playstation Home world.

Hope you guys enjoy. =D
Back to top Go down
Imperial_Seal

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:53 am

The designs might be uncreative but some of them still look good or can be redeemed if one or two items were taken off or put on, in my personal opinion. The shark one could be redeemed by taking off the shark head, showing certain types of colored hair and maybe putting in a matching accessory. The Freddy Kougar one looked pretty good if a bit uncreative but it's still passable. The blue faerie looked good, the only thing that looked out of place was the top - if she changed the top to another one that suited the rest of her outfit, it would look great. The one with Trina seems to look good from the back. Christy from infamous also looked okay, it would probably better if the pants were changed. I agree that the one with Bayonetta is an overall mismatch but it's a sort of mismatch that has its own charm and is passable. =l

Some people have more intelligence than what other people give them credit for in appearance. =)
Back to top Go down
DarthGranny

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 am

Whoa - tough audience. It is too easy to criticize what other people choose to wear in Home. If it makes them feel good, even if they are making a complete fools of themselves, it is their business.

If however, they are making the claim that what they are wearing is creative and they are advocating that others should follow suit, then they are opening themselves up to criticism. There is a huge difference, however, between a criticism and a critique. A criticism of clothing, for example, is "That is very unflattering on you." Instant hurt. A critique of the same outfit, however, would be, "That black & white top looks very flattering on you but have you tried it with a black skirt or shorts rather than the bikini bottom?"

Also, this website is supposed to be about using imagination to be creative. It takes no imagination to buy an outfit and wear it off-the-rack the way it was displayed in the store. Adding - subtracting-substituting other items to make a better looking alternative is creative. For example, the top of the new Lockwood Admiral's outfit can be combined with a large number of other bottoms to make a variety of 'creative' outfits. In this website, I would far rather see 6 pictures of 6 different innovative outfit creations than 6 pictures of the same outfit in different poses.

Imagination takes 'creative' one step further. That involves taking a creative combination of various items to make a new outfit unlike anything like it in the stores. Then placing the avatar in that outfit in the context of a location in Home where that outfit would fit the backstory of the location. This is what PixieTails did in Ladies' Fashion Runway when she used items from the Home stores to create costumes typical of an era in North American history and placed the dressed avatar in a public space reminiscent of that time period. What she achieved with that thread in the Home Forum was creative genius. I am now one of PixieTail's biggest fans.

I would love to see more of that kind of creative work in this website. I admire displays of real imagination combined with a certain sense of whimsy. I am looking forward to seeing what the participants in Imagine! come up with.
Back to top Go down
Imperial_Seal

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:25 pm

It's in my personal opinion that if people are going to criticize someone else, then they need to back it up and make suggestions on how to make it better/how to achieve it instead of purely insulting others. I mean it when I say something looks good and when I say something doesn't look like it fits. This site is also about learning.

The thing is, HOME is a place where people can wear whatever they want and have fun with respect to HOME/PS3 rules and safety, it's not a serious fashion show in general. There's nothing wrong with being creative but there is also nothing wrong with wearing what you want. Though, the more suggestive themes on HOME may be a subject for debate as HOME is supposed to be a family-friendly place.
Back to top Go down
DarthGranny

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Repeating myself for emphasis: I am looking forward to seeing what the participants in Imagine! come up with. As I said before, I don't care what the denizens of Home wear. If they enjoy it, that's their business, not mine.

But one of the reasons I am in Imagine! is to see what members whose stated intent is to use their imagination and be creative are going to invent. I am not a very creative or imaginative person myself, so I am sincere when I say, I am here for the show! Sooooo ---- trot them on out here so we can all ohhhh and ahhhh.
Back to top Go down
sealwyf

sealwyf

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 am

Will Home be up in time for the next Fashion Walk?

Certainly hope so.

Stoopid outage!

Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.sealwyf.com
Imperial_Seal

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Same, I am also looking forward to seeing what others create on Imagine. I'm not particularly creative either but I like creating all sorts of things because it's fun to see what I imagine, come to life. I know. Your point of view is completely understandable.

The outage may be an opportunity to polish anything planned such as the Fashion Walk and if it isn't up in time for the next Fashion Walk, you can always move it to a later date. I wouldn't mind helping out if I could and if needed.

PS: Please feel free to PM me if you have a problem with me because I certainly am not trying to have a problem with anyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:30 am

sealwyf wrote:
Will Home be up in time for the next Fashion Walk?

Certainly hope so.

Stoopid outage!

Mad

May 3rd will see the PSN be operational, along with some goodies from SNEI and SCEA. =)

And just some notes here guys....

The purpose of the Fashion Fail blog was to give a good perspective on something that was meant to be fun and entertaining. I understand that many people on Home would just dress pretty goofy to just dress, but maybe unlike others most don't know how to dress, thus the bloog would give a pretty good incentive look on what to avoid and what not to wear and "mix and match". My Fashion Fail blogs stems on certain personalities that I encounter and what is common trend that doesn't make certain statements, all in confinds of my own personal opinion to which I express while keeping a neutral stance. It isn't as though that I judge many people on Home on what they wear; I just see what I dislike and make an open opinion to give an immersive perspective on what I see and, again, what can be avoided.

I did, however, manage to post a few more blogs that pertains on "How to..." and what you can wear. My Home blogs are about giving readers a intriguing view on my experiences since the days of "the Hub" and what Home is today. I am always open to hear comments but as an experienced artist, I am more than aware of differeniating "critique" and "critisim", let alone "constructive critisim", to which I receive on a weekly basis from my artist mentor.

I have also been featured in Homestyle Magazine, won three Fashion contests on Home, hosted an all-male Fashion Show (which I have never seen on said Home) and a Breast Cancer Walk, and is working on a weekly (if not monthly) Fashionista project that discusses and showcases some of my designs that I concoct and feature reviews on certain costume items; I think I am also fully aware of my accomplishments and to speak constructively on the items that I see worn on Home.

But my said accomplishments isn't about competition on Home nor isn't something to brag about. I don't care for them, in reality, because the bottomline is all the same: I love Home and all I wish to do is give an engaging experience to everyone who wishes to follow me on my Blog.

And with the group that I am in, I am hoping to excel in my goals in the near-future.

So in closing, I hope my statement brings clarity and answers many inquiries that you have about my thoughts and opinions about my Home experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:39 am

Imperial_Seal wrote:
It's in my personal opinion that if people are going to criticize someone else, then they need to back it up and make suggestions on how to make it better/how to achieve it instead of purely insulting others. I mean it when I say something looks good and when I say something doesn't look like it fits. This site is also about learning.

The thing is, HOME is a place where people can wear whatever they want and have fun with respect to HOME/PS3 rules and safety, it's not a serious fashion show in general. There's nothing wrong with being creative but there is also nothing wrong with wearing what you want. Though, the more suggestive themes on HOME may be a subject for debate as HOME is supposed to be a family-friendly place.

I just also wanted to respond to this here....

I completely somprehend that everyone can wear anything they wish on Home, much like the real world. i understand that not everyone will take their attires serious, heck I'll even just throw on something casual if I can't coe up with any designs at all. It isn't for me to say that I am super-professional on what I do; I just express, create, and have fun. The Fashion Fail blog is 100% all about debate on what I see on a near-normal basis, much like any other artist or any other tabloid commentater that discusses about Fashion Fail in today's trend. It is a rigth and priviledge, that's all. Nothing hostile, nothing crazy.

So again, I hope this helps bring clarity on my subject but opinions are duely noted and respected. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Playstation Home Blog   My Playstation Home Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Playstation Home Blog
Page 1 of 1