Imagine!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine!

just.imagine

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» How To Make Cherry Blossom Lights:
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 am by Admin

» What games do you play online?
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm by MangaManX

» Photographs of the natural world (post here!)
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm by OceanicCactus

» Weekly Central Plaza Fashion Walk!
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm by OceanicCactus

» Be sure to see the new and Improved Imagine! clubhouses!
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:00 am by OceanicCactus

» Imagine.ideas - weekly meeting
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm by Admin

» Check it out!
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:17 am by Admin

» Playstation Network on its way!
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:49 am by Admin

» Halo Reach Photoshop Images
Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:40 am by Imperial_Seal

Similar topics
Gallery
Flash Mob Ideas Empty
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:45 am
Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is sel1k1

Our users have posted a total of 375 messages in 85 subjects

Flash Mob Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

We have 2 suggestions for flash mobs.

Flash Mob poetry. Appear in a space and attack with poetry. Then poof...to the next space, for more victims.

Flash Mob Alpa Tees. Appear in a space, line up, and on command, change into Alpha Tees so we spell Imagine!

Anyone interested in partaking?
Back to top Go down
sealwyf

sealwyf

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Yes to both. Very Happy We could combine them -- attract people with the poetry, then all flash "IMAGINE!" and promote the group before moving on to the next space.

Another idea:

Enter a space and start playing out a dramatic scene, something that will attract attention. I actually did this with a friend some months ago, when I was stuck on a scene for my novel, and we started improvising dialog with my characters.

Since I was playing a (male) criminal and he was playing my girlfriend (whom my character had just caught going through his secret files) it was a very weird conversation to be having in the Bowling Alley. He was pleading and making excuses, I was threatening to kill him on the spot. We got a lot of people taking one side or the other (or just saying "WTF?") We finally had to stop and explain what we were doing.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sealwyf.com

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Thing is how do we go about this. Just randomly start siting verses? Maybe appear in a space, sit in a circle with reciter in middle doing their thing. That should attract some attention.

Back to top Go down
sealwyf

sealwyf

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

labrodent wrote:
Thing is how do we go about this. Just randomly start siting verses? Maybe appear in a space, sit in a circle with reciter in middle doing their thing. That should attract some attention.

If we are doing this as a "poetry slam" (my original proposal) then, yes, we take turns reciting our work to the audience. In an actual poetry slam, there are judges and a winner is declared. I don't think we need that element, but the taking-turns part is good, and respectful of the work and participants. We would probably want to set a limit on how long each piece can be, so it doesn't get boring.

Back to top Go down

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:58 pm

sealwyf wrote:
labrodent wrote:

If we are doing this as a "poetry slam" (my original proposal) then, yes, we take turns reciting our work to the audience. In an actual poetry slam, there are judges and a winner is declared. I don't think we need that element, but the taking-turns part is good, and respectful of the work and participants. We would probably want to set a limit on how long each piece can be, so it doesn't get boring.

This is an actual activity? Ha!

Yes, will have to be a limit to the piece. Lets hope others jump in on the idea...
Back to top Go down
sealwyf

sealwyf

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 pm

labrodent wrote:
sealwyf wrote:
labrodent wrote:

This is an actual activity? Ha!

Yes, will have to be a limit to the piece. Lets hope others jump in on the idea...

Poetry slam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetry_slam

http://www.poetryslam.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxsOVK4syxU
Back to top Go down
TheOtherRainMan

TheOtherRainMan

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 am

IMHO, if we were to do a flash mob, I think that dressing up in some weird outfit combo and setting everyone to the same dance would not only get their attention more, but it would be funnier.

- RainMan
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002151349252
Sponsored content

Flash Mob Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Mob Ideas   Flash Mob Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash Mob Ideas
Page 1 of 1