Imagine!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine!

just.imagine

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» How To Make Cherry Blossom Lights:
Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 am by Admin

» What games do you play online?
Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm by MangaManX

» Photographs of the natural world (post here!)
Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm by OceanicCactus

» Weekly Central Plaza Fashion Walk!
Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm by OceanicCactus

» Be sure to see the new and Improved Imagine! clubhouses!
Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:00 am by OceanicCactus

» Imagine.ideas - weekly meeting
Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm by Admin

» Check it out!
Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:17 am by Admin

» Playstation Network on its way!
Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:49 am by Admin

» Halo Reach Photoshop Images
Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:40 am by Imperial_Seal

Similar topics
    Gallery
    Suggestions Empty
    September 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 30 on Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:52 am
    Statistics
    We have 31 registered users
    The newest registered user is sel1k1

Our users have posted a total of 375 messages in 85 subjects

Suggestions

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Give us your suggestions for the forum, group, personal hygiene, whatever you feel like sharing.
    Back to top Go down
    cynella

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Art Journal/Magazine   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 pm

I propose at a future date to be determined:

Preparing an Art Journal or Magazine that would come out quarterly or bi-yearly; depending on the amount of participation.

What can be included:

Poetry, Short Stories, Song Lyrics, Paintings, Drawings, any form of artwork.

This Journal/Magazine would highlight only members of the Playstation Home Community.
    Back to top Go down
    sealwyf

sealwyf

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 pm

cynella wrote:
    I propose at a future date to be determined:

Preparing an Art Journal or Magazine that would come out quarterly or bi-yearly; depending on the amount of participation.

What can be included:

Poetry, Short Stories, Song Lyrics, Paintings, Drawings, any form of artwork.

This Journal/Magazine would highlight only members of the Playstation Home Community.

I like this. I wonder if we could use HomeStation Magazine as a model: collect material in a blog, then put out PDF issues when we accumulate enough.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.sealwyf.com
    MangaManX

MangaManX

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

This may actually turn out to be a bad deal for up and coming authors. If you publish a poem, story, etc online and it IS something you want to be published later or otherwise, other publishes can call it on first publishing rights and you could loose out on a lot of money and or be screwed with grandly. I would suggest any such authors read up on first publishing rights and electronic publishing rights and decide for themselves before submitting original works and such things.

check out here: http://www.fictionfactor.com/articles/rights.html
    and here for some more info. http://www.writing-world.com/rights/rights.shtml
    Back to top Go down
    cynella

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Could it possibly have some sort of disclaimer? I post in Community Corner that all work belongs to the artist... although I see with the last issue it was accidently discluded. The point would be to highlight the artist, not take from them.
    Back to top Go down
    MangaManX

MangaManX

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:38 am

Like I said, it's a crap shoot out there and a lot of writers don't get the credit they deserve, in fact there really isn't even a writers union aside from a screen writers association which on the whole is very new. Again, everyone will need to decide for themselves, but I'm just making sure people are aware of their rights. Not nay saying anything. I go by the standard that if you want to sell by first rights, you'll need to be honest about it and remember that if you publish ANYWHERE, even your own website, esp nonpaying, those you do try to sell to can claim that was first rights and will try to buy it as already published work. thus, LESS MONEY.

But again, research for yourself, don't listen to me, I'm just warning you it can AND DOES happen. Not many writers are aware of their rights, let alone how they can shoot themselves in the foot with the internet. It is one of the reasons I've been honing and practicing on fanfiction, something one can't make money off of but can get a lot of fan response and crits. Therefore. For a happy medium. I would suggest for those who plan to sell their works and very interested in making sure they obtain their rights- write something about something copyrighted. As we won't be making money off this zine, so feel free to write poetry or short stories about Home.

That will allow you to use your creativity, practice, and not worry about money rights since it's a subject which isn't yours and follows the theme of imagine nicely. But that's just my suggestion. Original work is tricky though. Just make sure you are aware of what could happen. But again, read up on it and make your own decision. I'm just the messenger.
    Back to top Go down
    cynella

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:39 am

I respect your response Smile You made me think of something that I had never thought of before and let other people be aware as well. Home related would work well.
    Back to top Go down
    sealwyf

sealwyf

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

Cynella, I don't know if NorseGamer has talked to you about this yet, but HomeStation Magazine has decided (as of last night) to sponsor a Home-themed poetry contest. Work will be submitted to the Magazine (at an address yet to be determined); the deadline will be April 15, same as American taxes. The judges are SealWyf, Burbie53, NorseGamer, Jersquall and Cubehouse. The winners will be printed in your Community Corner column in Issue 5 of the Magazine.

Norse's original idea was to have the four founders of Imagine! judge the contest, as a way to publicize our group. I vetoed this quickly -- it would look very bad for us to appear to own this event -- and I counter-suggested he use one senior member from each of a number of major Home groups. The resulting list was a compromise. (I have to admit I have mixed feelings about being a judge, since that means I can't submit my own work.)

Since the Magazine is hosting, they can deal with copyright issues. And since the work will appear in an actual online publication, it will count as publication for the authors. Norse sees this as the first of many contests in various media, a way to build community in Home and get people working on creative Home-themed projects. And he sees Imagine! as a full partner in this enterprise. That doesn't mean that Imagine! can't host its own journal of Home-based creativity. But working with HSM will make us even more effective.

Back to top Go down
    http://www.sealwyf.com
    Imperial_Seal

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 am

Can the Imagine! magazine possibly include featured singers or music?
    Back to top Go down
    DarthGranny

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:56 am

Original music? That would be fascinating if it is possible. Wouldn't the person who created that music need to protect themselves from unscrupulous people who would steal their creation? If there is a way to cope with that situation, I think it would be a delightful addition.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Suggestions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
    Page 1 of 1